It’s that time of year again when everyone is reflecting on the previous year and are talking /blogging about New Years resolutions. Well I don’t make New Years resolutions, I don’t believe in them. That’s mainly because I’ve never kept any I’ve made in the past and I think if you really want to change your life you can do that at any time of year. Which I am doing by moving, it just happens to coincide with the new year. Taking inspiration from the blogs I have read this is a post about my “new life in Liverpool” resolutions but first what has 2013 taught me.
- I will never learn when it comes to boys especially Hobbit Boy. I stupidly emailed him when drunk wishing him a happy Christmas and he responded via email and what’s app! We were messaging on Christmas Day, just general chatting. When I didn’t respond to one of his messages because I was watching a film with my mum, he messaged me on what’s app twice and sent me a text!
It did amuse me when he sent me a message saying ” I’m playing with myself, want a picture?” My response was to ignore it then he sent me a pic of him playing on a game boy advance which did make me chuckle. I got my own back when he asked me for a shower picture and I responded by sending him a picture of my actual shower.
The fact that he’s kept my phone number all this tine intrigues me, when I’ve deleted his so many times. I’ve not heard from him since Saturday now. Talk about mixed signals. I’m OK with it though, I know that we will never be what I want us to be and I am moving soon. I think I just wanted one last shot at it, one last shot for him to tell me he does have feelings for me, I dunno.
- In relation to the above. Sexting and sending half naked pictures of yourself will not make a guy love you and will just make you feel worthless. I will never send one to a guy again because that’s all that HB expects from me now and he’s not getting it.
- I have learnt that Depression is a bitch! Anxiety is a bitch! Cancer is a bitch! I have always know that these things are bad but my life has never been affected by them as much as this year.
- My friends really are everything to me. I love them so much but really struggle to tell them.
- It is really nice when you are appreciated for a job well done.
- I love making lists 😃
My new life in Liverpool resolutions are:
- Be healthier. I am 26, I should be in the prime of my life and not get tired or out of breath when walking up a hill. So this means quitting smoking, cut back on the alcohol ( my self medicating by drinking has got a lot worse over the past 8 months) Actually start cooking proper healthy meals and the dreaded word, exercise.
- Be more open to new experiences, even if I don’t feel like going out, 99% of the time I will still enjoy it
- Date. Once I’m settled I am going to try online dating again. There’s a part of me that would prefer to meet a guy through work or a friend but until then online dating will have to do.
- The last two really lead on to this one. Start doing things that scare me. I’ve lived such a stilted life over the past few years I need adventure!
- Be more honest with the people around me, they have probably felt the same way once and won’t judge.
- Be more creative. I use to love painting and making things but depression has sapped all my creativity. That ends now.
- Write more. I would love to write for a magazine some day but I need to improve my writing and that is where this blog comes into play. I have a few changes I will be making to this blog once I’ve moved. Hopefully you will enjoy them. Today is actually my blogs 5 month anniversary and the feed back so far has been good even though I am just waffling.
I would like to thank you all for reading this year and I would like to wish you all a very Happy New Year.
We are going to make 2014 fucking awesome!